A small update on the latest developments, building on the concepts of the separate time queues. The work on them is almost done, and now scripts can chain actions in a mostly seamless way, as shown by the sliding gargoyle in the picture.
My first mod was just a reskin of the character in the first Quake, it didn’t have any actual purpose and only showed in the player selection screen for multiplayer (I didn’t have internet at that time) and when you “exploded out” the last boss.
It was with the first Neverwinter Nights, however, that I truly got into modding. I remember as a kid how it was satisfying to build your map in the editor, write a new spell or add scripts to convert your imagination in realty, albeit a fictitious one.
After the first art overview by Daniele I wanted to share a few technical details about the game:
Programming Language: C# over mono. I find C# a very nice language, less idiosyncratic than Java, more than fast enough for an indie game without millions of objects and particles flying around and very well supported (I would have chosen D if not for the lack of good and complete IDEs).